Town Web is a leading provider of municipal website design and hosting. We are dedicated to providing the best service and support to our clients, and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic intern to join our team.
Our customers are small towns, cities and villages in the United States. We have over 15 years of experience building websites for local governments, and have over 700 municipal web design customers, adding several new clients each month. We are chosen as their website provider because of our proven track record of delivering easy-to-use websites at an affordable price. And, of course, our customer service is amazing! We refer to it as offering "White Glove Service."
About the Role:
- As a WordPress Technical Support Intern, you will be responsible for providing technical support via phone, email, chat. There may also be a need to create instructional videos for our clients. You will work closely with our team of experienced Project Managers and support personnel to resolve technical issues and provide prompt guidance to clients for updating their websites.
- You should have a thorough understanding of WordPress with real life work or school experience- at least 1 year using it. This would mean that you already have a good understanding of how themes and plugins work, have excellent familiarity with the different parts of the Admin section of WordPress, and may have already created/installed several WordPress sites for personal use and/or businesses and other organizations. Knowing a bit of programming, how to problem solve, and executing creativity are all a bonus.
- You will also be assisting customers with email related tasks such as: creating inboxes, resetting passwords and taking proactive measures to troubleshoot any email related tech support needs. Experience with DNS is a plus, but not required.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer inquiries via phone, email, and chat
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to WordPress, the client dashboard (proprietary software) and emails
- Increase customer satisfaction for support related tasks
- Assisting Project Managers with updating staged websites for projects that are in the works
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to ongoing improvements to our support processes
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program, pursuing a degree in computer science, web development, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and its core features
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Opportunities for skill development and career growth into a Technical Project Manager
- Hands-on experience working with an innovative development team
- Remote work environment
Work & Payment Details:
This is a part-time job and it will be for 15-20 hours per week. We will increase the hours for the right candidate. Pay will be $15.00 - $20.00/hr depending on prior customer service and technical experience.
How to Apply:
We are based out of Madison, Wisconsin and you would work remotely from your home office or from a co-working location.
If you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual looking to gain valuable experience in the field of WordPress support and project management, we would love to hear from you. Please complete this form and we will be in touch for the next steps in the process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.