Come and work for a FUN, FRIENDLY and web-based company that has been growing for the past 12 years. No selling required!
Working as an Account Manager boils down to these main objectives:
1. Work as a customer advocate
2. Make sure the projects stay on track
3. Ensure the customer is happy through the site build and launch phases
You would be be paired up with an experienced Project Manager who has a wealth of experience with WordPress. They will do the nitty gritty details of building the site. You would be in charge of managing the website launch process.
This job is suitable for somebody who has managed others and who already possesses great time management and personnel management skills. Having great soft skills by working with clients over the phone is essential.
It would be really great if you already knew something about WordPress and Web Design, but if not, that's okay. Training about how our Onboarding Process will of course be provided. You won't need to "get your hands dirty" working on the technical side of things -- we have people for that. However you would need to liase between our non-technical customers and our more technical Project Managers. What matters most is good organizational skills, time management skills, and providing a professional demeanor when interacting with our customers during their Onboarding stage.
Our customers are small towns, cities and villages in across the United States. As of 2019, we have over 527 municipal web design customers. Many municipalities select us because we have a proven track record of delivering easy-to-use websites at an affordable price.
Here's some things you would be responsible for (guidance and training provided, of course):
- You would be the liason between the Client and our Project Managers
- You guide the new client through the various steps that we offer in the Onboarding stage by providing a "White Glove" Experience
- You become the Client Advocate and take note of any special requests that they might have
- You manage the PROCESS of the Onboarding Stage
- Check that the Project Managers are adhering to the Project Deadline
- Checking the Progress that the Project Manager is making and keeping the Customers in the loop
- Checking the Quality of Work performed by our Project Managers using our internal "20-Point Checklist"
- Giving subjective feedback to the Project Manager based on the look, feel and design of the client project.
- Contacting the Client and giving them a site reveal, and taking note of any questions or changes they want made
- Checking to make sure that the Project Manager has taken care of completing a customer's punch list and that all special customer requests have been handled
Here are a couple goals or KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that you would be evaluated on:
- Are new projects launched on schedule?
- Did we get an "excellent" rating from the customer?
Here are some traits we would like to have for our future Account Manager:
- You are a good timekeeper, and always do your best to be on time and to meet customer deadlines.
- Your communication skills are awesome.
- You are excellent at remembering to follow up with questions that our clients have without being reminded.
- You appreciate receiving clear instructions for tasks.
- You enjoy fitting in and working with the awesome corporate culture that our company has.
- You are tech savvy. Not in the sense that you know how to code, but in the sense that you “get it” when it comes to online things and open to using new software tools.
- You have a fast and secure computer to work from, and your internet connection is also decently quick and stable.
- You have previously had extensive experience working as an Account Management, Executive Assistant, or Project Manager where you had extensive responsibilities in Management and Getting Things Done.
Here are some additional considerations for the day to day job duties and what you can expect:
- We'll start at 10-20 hours per week
- You can expect to receive great communication for the company president and from other senior staff with clear instructions and feedback.
- You'll be paid the agreed amounts promptly
- You'll have a lot of flexibility with your working hours, but would prefer to have most of the work done during normal business hours in East Coast or Midwest time zone when our customers are mostly available.
- We are committed to building a long term relationship with you. Many people working for us have been working with us for many many years.
See a video about the Account Manager role at Town Web:
In order to be considered, just send an email to [email protected] expressing your interest in the Account Manager position. Just put "Account Manager Position" as the subject line heading.
No need to be fancy in the email, but you can attach a PDF resume if you have one. Once we get your email, we'll reply back with a link to a Google Form as the next step in the application process.
We look forward to hearing from you!